MARINDUQUE.GOV.PH

Heart and Center of the Philippines

Headlines

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Triduum for Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa

This statue belonged to former president of Our Lady of Biglang Awa Foundation, Mrs. Albine Hidalgo-Padua. This was given by her daughter Valerie Padua Garcia, 25 years ago.

Here is the novena prayer in honor of Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, patroness of Marinduque.

All: Oh, Immaculate Mary, Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, I beseech you, through that immense power which You have received from the Eternal Father. Obtain for me purity of heart, strength to overcome the enemies of my soul, and the special favor I implore in my preset necessity (mention your petition).

Mother most pure forsake me not, despite not my prayer, graciously hear me for God's glory, your honor and the welfare of my soul.

Oh, Virgin Mary, My Mother, through that wondrous wisdom bestowed upon you by the incarnate word of God, I humbly beseech you. Obtain for me meekness and humility of heart, a perfect knowledge of the divine will and strength to accomplish it always.

Oh, Mary, Seat of Wisdom, as a tender Mother lead me in the path of Christian virtue and perfection. Enlighten and enable m to do what is most pleasing to your beloved Son.

Leader: Hail Mary...Holy Mary...

All: Oh, Mother of Mercy, Mother of penitent sinners, I stand before you sinful and sorrowful, beseeching you through the immense love given to you by the Holy Spirit for us, poor sinners.

Obtain for me true and perfect contrition for my sins, which I hate and detest with all my heart, because I love God.

Mother most merciful help me in my present necessity. Turn then then those eyes of mercy towards us, O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

Leader: Hail Mary...Holy Mary...

Prayer


All: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, Oh Virgin Mother, be our mother, we take you as our own. Teach us to pray and pray perseveringly each day. We are confident that you are praying frus and with us. Assist us in our difficulties with your prompt succor. Be always with us until we reach our real home in heaven, there to praise teh Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit for ever and ever, Amen.

Petitions to Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa


Leader: That God will free us from our sins and grant us his Mercy and forgiveness.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That we may be filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit and gift leading to eternal life.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That we may obtain healing and relief from our infirmities and pains.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That we may obtain graces for our temporal and spiritual needs.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That we may attain purity of life and obedience to those appointed over us.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That we may attain the success we hope for in our undertakings.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That the church may triumph over the oppression and malicious attacks of her detractors, and the devil behind them.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That true peace may be attained within ourselves and with one another in our family, town and country.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Leader: That we may obtain the help we need in times of doubts, temptations, and at the hour of our death.

Response: Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa, pray for us.

Concluding Prayer


Remember, Oh most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help and sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I hasten to you O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the World Incarnate, despite not my petitions, but in your Mercy, hear and answer me, Amen.

Sing the 'Song for Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa'.